On leaving Germany and moving to Costa Rica, and then to Ecuador

Comments, compliments... no complaints, with the exception of mosquitoes, but that's biodiversity for you! :)

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

'Twas the night before the ski seminar and all through the house...

So here I am, starting a Blog in the most unlikely of moments: I'm surrounded by suitcases and boxes waiting to be taped shut...I'm supposed to vacate this apartment in about 20 hours, and have to sleep at least 4 of those...

At 4 pm tomorrow I leave by train to my last seminar while being a PhD canditate...I will reach the hotel around midnight...

I've had to pack 4 suitcases: Two with all the summer stuff to take to Costa Rica, plus one that's supposed to be hand luggage, but Delta allows as much weight in hand luggage as Lufthansa in check-in luggage...and the last one is the one with the heavy-duty winter stuff that I'm taking to the ski seminar (this one will be shipped home later). The seminar is planned from Wednesday to Sunday...and I'm so stressed!!!

When I get back to Leipzig, I hope I can sleep a few hours, do all the last minute stuff on Monday, and be on time on the platform in order to catch my train to Frankfurt at nearly midnight, February 6th.

Lucklily I managed to get a bed on this train, so, if all goes well, I will be sleeping until I reach Frankfurt Airport at 7 am. I'll check in at 8, and the plane will leave at 11. I really hope to be able to sleep on the plane, although, knowing me, I doubt that I will... I will be arriving in Atlanta 10 hours later, and with a 4 hour layover I will be taking my plane to San Jose, Costa Rica, to arrive at around 10 pm. I did the math...I will be travelling for around 29 hours (a lot better than the time I chose to fly from Lima to London via Moscow, but that's a completely other story) :)

I hope to be picked up at the airport by the people I will be renting from...I hope I will sleep all day Wednesday (I know, it sounds as though I'm obsessed with sleeping...or like I sleep a lot -- not true...I always have the feeling I should sleep more than the 5 hours I always end up sleeping and I really and truly DO envy people who can sleep until 11 am without getting to bed at 6 or 7 after a party). I hope everything will go as planned...

And now, I have to go back to my boxes...

I will try to post from the hotel where the seminar is being held...I haven't even talked about my Powerpoint presentation...

2 comments:

Shula said...

Happy trails, M. There's a VERY good chance I'll come to see you in Costa Rica!!! :)
Good luck!
Shulita

Mercedes Suito said...

Marcelita querida, escribes muy lindo, podrias publicar tus memorias como si fuera una novela y te juro que te taparias de plata.